(VFI) Visual Fault Identifiers from AFL
- 1 mW 650nm visible red laser source
- Key chain size (HiLite)
- 5-Year Product Warranty
- 1.25 mm & 2.5 mm adapters
- Identify fiber faults within OTDR deadzones
- Identify sharp bends or breaks in fibers
- Identify poorly mated connectors
- Verify integrity of AFL FAST™ Connector installation
The VFI red laser source from AFL is designed to troubleshoot faults on fiber optic cables. Light generated by these units will escape from sharp bends and breaks in jacketed or bare fibers, as well as poorly mated connectors. They can quickly identify faults in fiber optic jumper cables, distribution frames, patch panels, and splice trays.
- Wavelength: 650 nm +/-20 nm
- Output Power: 1 mW (into 9/125 single-mode fiber)
- Safety: Class II Laser Product
- Key-chain sized (HiLite)
VFI Model Configuration
|VFI2-00-0900PR||VFI2 with 2.5 mm Universal Connectors|
|VFI2-01-0900PR||VFI2 with 2.5 mm and 1.25 mm Universal Connectors|
|VFI3-00-0900PR||HiLite with 2.5 mm Universal Connector|
|VFI3-01-0900PR||HiLite with 2.5 mm and 1.25 mm Universal Connectors|
VFI Replacement Port Adapters
|2900-50-0007MR||2.5 mm Universal for HiLIte port (Accepts FC, SC, ST, etc.)|
|2900-50-0010MR||1.25 mm Universal for HiLite port (Accepts LC & MU)|
- Robust body design for the field
- Universal fiber clamp design applicable for many types of fibers
- 2.4″ full color LCD touch screen with the backlight
- Trigger lock function for continuous fiber clamping
- Adjustable setting
- Connector head for power meter is interchangeable
Firmware update via internet
- PON or point-to-point network verification and troubleshooting
- Fast, accurate single-mode fiber fault location using OTDR and VFL
- Single-mode optical network characterization using OTDR
- Single-mode loss testing using integrated source and power meter
FlexScan is currently available in five models:
- FS200-50B: 1550 nm OTDR for cost-effective point-to-point network troubleshooting, including detection of high-loss macro-bends.
- FS200-60: 1650 nm filtered version for cost-effective live PON troubleshooting. Use the optional integrated Power Meter to verify downstream power levels.
- FS200-100: 1310/1550 version for more complete point-to-point network installation verification, as well as troubleshooting. By testing at both wavelengths, FlexScan can differentiate poor splices from macro-bends, as well as qualify the network for operation in both 1310 and 1550 nm windows.
- FS200-300: 1310/1550 PON OTDR version for installation verification and troubleshooting of out-of-service PON or point-to-point networks. Offers higher dynamic range to test through splitters, as well as longer point-to-point networks.
- FS200-304: 1310/1550/1650 PON OTDR version for in-service PON troubleshooting, as well as out-of-service PON or point-to-point network installation verification or troubleshooting.
All models include an integrated VFL and are available with optional integrated source, power meter and Bluetooth/Wi-Fi wireless communications.
FlexScan test sets are available in six standard kit configurations:
- BASIC Kit: Includes selected FlexScan, wrist strap, soft carry case, Quick Reference Guide plus TRM™ 2.0 Basic Test Results Manager software. Soft case includes room for optional accessories such as connector cleaning supplies, fiber ring (launch cable) or FOCIS Flex connector inspection solution.
- PLUS Kit: Adds a One-click cleaner, 150 m fiber ring (launch cable) plus TRM 2.0 Advanced to a FlexScan Basic Kit.
- PRO Kit: Adds an auto-focusing FOCIS Flex Fiber Optic Connector Inspection System to a FlexScan Plus Kit.
- BI Complete Kit: Adds OFI-BI Bend-insensitive Optical Fiber Identifier to FlexScan PRO Kit.
- BIPM Complete Kit: Adds OFI-BIPM Bend-insensitive Optical Fiber Identifier with Power Meter to FlexScan PRO Kit.
- MPO Kit: Includes selected FlexScan and accessories, MFS-12-SM Single-mode Multi-Fiber Switch, USB cable and 30 m fiber to connect FlexScan to Switch, plus 30 m MPO Launch Cable to connect Switch to MPO-terminated multi-fiber network.
For details and ordering information on model options and kit configurations, see the FlexScan datasheet.